There are several great hospital volunteer opportunities in Jacksonville, Fl for people curious about gaining more experience in medicine and healthcare.
Try reaching out to any of the organizations listed below to see how best you can give your time and help others.
Before we get into the list of hospital volunteer programs in Jacksonville, make sure you check out our other city guides and find more hospital volunteer opportunities near you.
Medical/Hospital Volunteer Opportunities In Jacksonville, Fl
Baptist Hospital Volunteer Jacksonville, Fl
Baptist Health volunteer auxiliary members play a vital role in helping improving patient care. More than 1,000 community members are involved in programs across the organization’s Center Jacksonville, South and Beaches.
There are volunteer opportunities for 16-17 years olds during the summer too.
- Name: Baptist Health
- Location: 800 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Email: SouthVolunteers@bmcjax.com
- Phone: 904-202-2000
- Website: https://www.baptistjax.com/about-us/volunteering
Brooks Rehabilitation offers both volunteer programs and clinical student observation programs across several of its hospitals and clinics in Jacksonville.
There is also a popular Summer Teen Volunteer Program.
- Name: Brooks Rehabilitation
- Email: VolunteerServices@brooksrehab.org
- Phone: 904-345-7661
- Website: https://brooksrehab.org/volunteer-opportunities/
UF Health Jacksonville Volunteers
UF Health Jacksonville is looking for dedicated, committed people to join their team of volunteers. You can gain experience across any one of 50 departments based on availability, interests nd skills.
Patient contact is available.
- Name: UF Health Jacksonville
- Location: 655 West 8th Street, Jacksonville, FL 32209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (904) 244-4271
- Website: https://ufhealthjax.org/volunteer/
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville Volunteers
Volunteers are an important part of the Memorial Hospital team. Their program is known as the Memorial Hospital Jacksonville Auxiliary.
Volunteers are expected to assist for four consecutive hours once a week or more.
- Name: Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
- Location: 3625 University Blvd. S., Suite 140, Jacksonville, FL 32216
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (904) 702-6975
- Website: https://memorialhospitaljax.com/about/volunteers.dot
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Volunteer Opportunities
The Mayo Clinic Jacksonville has volunteer work for anyone interested in dedicating their time for others to help assist staff, patients and their families.
25 percent of volunteers are college students, typically pre-med or pre-nursing. There is also a summer program for local high school students.
Here’s a quick video on how their volunteer program works…
- Name: Mayo Clinic
- Location: 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 904-956-0074
- Website: https://www.mayoclinic.org/about-mayo-clinic/volunteers/florida/service-areas
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care
Nemours volunteer opportunities are focused on pediatric patients and their families, as well as alongside staff in their waiting rooms, specialty care locations and offices.
Openings for volunteer positions change constantly. They are currently recruiting adult, college and high school volunteers who enjoy interacting with children in small groups or in waiting rooms.
- Name: Nemours Children’s Specialty Care
- Location: 807 Children’s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (904) 697-3517
- Website: https://www.nemours.org/givingtonemours/volunteer/jacksonville.html
Volunteer at Wolfson Children’s Hospital
At Wolfson Children’s Hospital Auxiliary volunteers meet many needs of children and families throughout the hospital.
Volunteers can donate time to various departments and work in a variety of roles from patient and family support to clerical work.
Must be able to make a 12 month commitment and be at least 18 years of age.
- Name: Wolfson Children’s Hospital
- Location: 800 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Email: WCHAuxiliary@bmcjax.com
- Phone: 904.202.8008
- Website: https://www.wolfsonchildrens.com/about/volunteer
Volunteers In Medicine Jacksonville
Volunteers In Medicine have two locations accepting hospital/medical volunteers; their Downtown Clinic (41 East Duval Jacksonville, FL 32202) and their West Jax Clinic (5927 Old Timuquana Rd Jacksonville, FL 32210).
Volunteers must be 18 or over but get the opportunity to work in a clinic and interact with patients and health professionals.
- Name: Volunteers in Medicine
- Location: 41 East Duval Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Website: https://vim-jax.org/medical-volunteers/become-a-volunteer/
Jacksonville is a fantastic city to gain valuable medical and hospital volunteering experience.
The opportunities above can hopefully help get you started!
If you liked this review, you might find the following articles useful:
- 13 Medical/Hospital Volunteer Tampa Opportunities (2021)
- 13 Hospital/Medical Volunteer Opportunities In Atlanta (2021)
Why Be a Hospital Volunteer In Jacksonville, Fl?
Volunteering in a health care capacity in Jacksonville can have a positive impact on the community.
The skills, connections and friends you make in any of the roles above, is something that’ll stay with you for a long time.
The experience also looks great on applications for healthcare-related degrees.
Who Are These Jacksonville, Fl Hospital Volunteer Opportunities For?
These opportunities are broad and open to people from all backgrounds.
Summer programs are generally for highschoolers looking to get a taste of healthcare fields while general volunteering positions are available to both students and professionals.
Check that you meet the criteria and eligibility for each opportunity first.
Born and raised in the UK, Will went into medicine late (31) after a career in journalism. He’s into football (soccer), learned Spanish after 5 years in Spain, and has had his work published all over the web. Read more.