Tampa, Fl is a great place to make useful healthcare contacts and learn more about the industry. Hospital volunteering in Tampa is one of the best ways to do that.
Check out the programs listed below to find something right for you.
Medical/Hospital Volunteer Tampa Opportunities
Adventhealth Volunteer Tampa
Tampa’s Adventhealth network has a number of hospital volunteer spots for the general public, students and retired professionals.
- Name: Adventhealth Volunteer Tampa
- Location: AdventHealth Tampa. 3100 East Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613
- Phone: (813) 971-6000
- Website: https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-tampa/volunteer-services
Brandon Regional Hospital Volunteer
Brandon Regional Hospital Volunteers were founded in 1977 and has more than 200 volunteers.
Auxiliary membership is open to persons aged 18 or over. Job specific training is offered, volunteers are expected to commit to three-hour shifts, once a week (with a minimum of 75 hours a year).
There is a youth summer volunteer program for students aged between 14-17. Youth volunteers will recieve experience working in a clinical setting.
- Name: Brandon Regional Hospital
- Location: 3031 N Rocky Point Dr W, Suite 400, Tampa, FL 33607
- Phone: (813) 916-0042
- Website: https://brandonhospital.com/about/volunteers.dot
James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital Voluntary Service
James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital is home to 850 regularly scheduled volunteers assisting patients and staff annually.
Volunteers can perform several services, with their talents closely matched with one of the hospitals’ many assignments. Available assignments vary throughout the year.
You must be 18 years old (a youth program for students 14-17 is provided during the summer months only – applications for youth are available in mid-February) to participate.
- Name: James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital
- Location: James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, Voluntary Service (135), 13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612
- Phone: 813-972-7533
- Email: VHATAMVoluntaryService@va.gov
- Website: https://www.tampa.va.gov/giving/
Judeo Christian Health Clinic Volunteers
Volunteer doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, eye doctors and others help to sustain the operations of the Clinic. Patients are seen free of charge by professionals who are willing to volunteer their time.
- Name: Judeo Christian Health Clinic
- Location: 4118 N. Mac Dill Ave, Tampa, FL 33607
- Phone: (813) 870-0395
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.judeochristianhealthclinic.org/volunteering.html
Medical Center of Trinity Volunteers
Medical Center of Trinity has an outstanding team of hospital volunteers, who contribute over 60,000 hours of service to our patients, visitors, and staff.
Every volunteer brings his or her individual interests, talents and experience to their volunteer program, and each plays a unique and important role.
- Name: Medical Center of Trinity
- Location: Medical Center of Trinity, Attn: Gale Bauer, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, FL 34655
- Phone: (727) 834-4017
- Email: Gale.Bauer@hcahealthcare.com
- Website: https://medicalcentertrinity.com/about/volunteers.dot
Memorial Hospital of Tampa Volunteers
Volunteers work in every area of the hospital starting with the Information Desk, Gift Shop, Surgery Waiting Room, Emergency Room and other patient care areas. There are day and afternoon shifts available in all areas.
All applicants must be 18 or older. Volunteers do not require special skills or educational levels. The program is designed to help you make the most of the skills you already possess and to develop your abilities.
- Name: Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Location: 2901 W. Swann Avenue, Tampa, FL 33609
- Phone: (813) 342-1483
- Website: https://memorialhospitaltampa.com/about/volunteers.dot
Moffitt Cancer Center Volunteers
Moffitt volunteers are all ages and from all walks of life. Many have been touched in some way by cancer and have joined the team to simply “give back” or to help make a difference in the lives of others.
Volunteer programs include; Summer Teen Program (15-17 years), Student Program (18 or over enrolled in a training program, college or university) and an Adult Program (18 years or over and not enrolled in post high school education).
Placement is based on application submission order, preference, and availability.
- Name: Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
- Phone: 1-800-456-3434, ext. 1403
- Email: FoundationInfo@Moffitt.org
- Website: https://moffitt.org/give/get-involved/volunteer-your-time/volunteer/
Shriners Hospital Volunteers
Volunteers support Shriners Hospitals for Children in its mission to provide the highest quality of care to children with varying conditions.
Individuals 18 years of age and older may apply to become a hospital volunteer. The volunteer services department reviews all applications to match skills and availability with volunteer needs.
Summer volunteer placements are available to students who are 16 and 17 years old.
- Name: Shriners Healthcare for Children — Florida
- Location: 12502 USF Pine Drive Tampa, FL 33612-9411
- Phone: 813-972-2250
- Website: https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/tampa/volunteer
South Bay Hospital
Volunteers play a very important role at South Bay Hospital by helping provide high quality, cost effective healthcare to the South Bay Hospital community. They do this a number of ways:
- Complimenting and expanding the services provided by staff.
- Providing supplemental services which contribute to patient care and satisfaction.
- Name: South Bay Hospital
- Location: 4016 Sun City Center Blvd, Sun City Center, FL 33573
- Phone: (813) 634-3301
- Website: https://southbayhospital.com/about/volunteers/
St. Joseph’s Hospital Volunteers
St. Joseph’s Health offers a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout their healthcare system. Volunteers are an essential part of healthcare team and play an important role in contributing to the excellence of care.
Volunteer Opportunities and assignments vary from clerical to non-clinical direct patient contact. Generally, volunteers commit to doing a minimum of 4 hours once a week and must commit to volunteering a minimum of 60 hours
- Name: St. Joseph’s Hospital – BayCare
- Location: 3001 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614
- Phone: (813) 870-4000
- Website: https://baycare.org/about-us/volunteering
St. Petersburg General Hospital Volunteers
Volunteer opportunities exist in guest relations, patient services and office support 8am to 8pm seven days a week. The Auxiliary Officers work closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that matches his or her interests, skills, and motivation.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and give a minimum commitment of one year.
- Name: St. Petersburg General
- Location: 6500 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
- Phone: (727) 341-4848
- Website: https://stpetegeneral.com/about/volunteers.dot
Tampa General Hospital Volunteer
Volunteers who donate their time and share their talents with Tampa General Hospital play a significant role in the experience of patients and families. Volunteers provide non-medical comfort and care to patients and assist hospital departments.
TGH Volunteer Requirements:
- Commit to a minimum of 60 service hours
- Must be 18 years or older
Teens must be at least 16 years old. A teen is required to complete at least two service shifts per week for a minimum of 5 weeks during the program.
- Name: Tampa General Hospital
- Location: 1 Tampa General Cir, Tampa, FL 33606
- Phone: 813-844-7000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.tgh.org/volunteer
USF Health Volunteers
Tampa Bay Street Medicine (TBSM) provides students with the opportunity to improve their medical acumen and ability to practice patient-centered, team-based medical care.
- Name: USF Health
- Location: 13330 USF Laurel Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
- Phone: (813) 974-2201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://health.usf.edu/medicine/studentorgs/tbsm/volunteering
Why Be A Hospital Volunteer In Tampa?
Volunteering in a hospitals and clinics can have a positive impact on the community.
The skills, connections and friends you make in any of the roles above, is something that’ll stay with you for a long time.
The experience also looks great on applications for healthcare-related degrees and help you impress any relevant admissions boards.
Students interested in health careers in Florida can really benefit from this type of experience.
Can I Be A Baby Cuddler Volunteer In Tampa?
There are baby cuddler volunteer opportunities in Tampa at the following organizations:
You will have to match the eligibility criteria and undergo screening successfully before being accepted on to baby cuddler volunteer programs.
Who Are These Medical/Hospital Volunteer Tampa Opportunities For?
These opportunities are mixed. Several are broad and open to people from all backgrounds. Read the details on each of the webpages carefully.
Summer programs are generally for highschoolers looking to get a taste of healthcare fields while general volunteering positions are available to both students, professionals and the retired.
Check that you meet the criteria and eligibility for each opportunity before applying. Don’t waste yours and others valuable time!
Tampa is a great place for health volunteering. Hopefully this article has helped uncover several opportunities to get started with if you live in Tampa and the nearby Florida area.
If you liked this guide, you might find the following articles useful:
- 17 Hospital/Medical Volunteer Opportunities In Miami & South Florida
- 7 Medical/Hospital Volunteer Opportunities In Orlando, Fl
- 8 Hospital/Medical Volunteer Opportunities In Jacksonville, Fl
Born and raised in the UK, Will went into medicine late (31) after a career in digital marketing and journalism. He’s into football (soccer), learned Spanish after 5 years in Spain, and has had his work published all over the web. Read more.