Georgia has a lot to offer when it comes hospital volunteering. The medical volunteer opportunities in Atlanta, the state’s biggest city, are some of the best!
Check out the programs listed below to find something right for you.
Before we get into the list of hospital volunteer programs in Atlanta, make sure you check out our other city guides and find more hospital volunteer opportunities near you.
Hospital/Medical Volunteer Opportunities In Atlanta
A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab
AG. Rhodes is a mission-driven organization that has a strong volunteer ethos dedicated to improving the care of elderly patients.
Youth volunteers (aged 14 and younger) must have adult supervision. Refer to the website for further information.
- Name: A.G. Rhodes
- Location: 350 Boulevard SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Phone: 404-245-4111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.agrhodes.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer/
Atlanta VA Medical Center
The Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center depends on the goodwill of volunteers and benefactors to help give back to American heroes.
Volunteers play an important role throughout the Medical Center to help make patients’ stays more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform many services. Talents will be matched to assignments.
- Name: Atlanta VAMC
- Phone: 404-321-6111 Ext. 7728
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.atlanta.va.gov/giving/index.asp
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) has volunteer programs for both high school and college students and the general public.
Volunteers assist with everything from patient care to customer service and administrative support.
- Name: Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Location: 1001 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Phone: 404-785-KIDS (5437)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.choa.org/donors-and-volunteers/volunteer
Clarkston Community Health Clinic
Clarkston Community Health Clinic (CCHC) is a primary and preventative healthcare facility operating out of nearby Clarkston, serving people in the metro area of Atlanta.
CCHC has a long-running volunteer program. Fill out their registration form here to relay your interest.
- Name: Clarkston Community Health Clinic
- Location: 3700 Market Street, Suite E1. Clarkston, GA 30021
- Phone: 678-383-1383
- Website: https://www.clarkstonhealth.org/volunteer
Emory Hospital Volunteers
Emory Healthcare is one of the widest providers in Georgia and has volunteer and medical volunteer opportunities across ten of their associated facilities in Atlanta and beyond.
Volunteers at Atlanta’s can explore programts at Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Emory Rehabilitation Hospital, Emory University Hospital and more.
Teen programs run at several of Emory’s hospitals and clinics.
- Name: Emory Hospital Volunteers
- Location: 1364 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Phone: 404-712-037
- Website: https://www.emoryhealthcare.org/about/volunteering/index.html
Grady Hospital Volunteers
Grady Hospital has medical volunteer opportunities for people interested in spending time in family waiting areas, providing wheelchair transport, assisting with wayfinding and more.
Volunteers should be at least 18 and able to volunteer for a three-hour shift per week for at least three months. Volunteers are not allowed to participate in direct patient care.
Grady’s Teen Volunteer Program caters to students ages 15-17 eager to make a difference.
- Name: Grady Hospital Volunteers
- Location: 80 Jesse Hill Jr Drive SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Phone: (404) 616-1000
- Website: https://www.gradyhealth.org/volunteer/
Mercy Care Volunteers
Volunteerism has been at the heart of Mercy Care since their beginning in the 1980’s.
Whether you are a professional, a student or a retiree, there is a role for you. Contact Volunteer Coordinator Nicole Smith at email@example.com for more information.
- Name: Mercy Care Volunteers
- Location: 424 Decatur Street, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Phone: (678) 843-8600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://mercyatlanta.org/VOLUNTEER/
Northside Hospital Atlanta Auxiliary
Northside Hospital has several auxiliary and volunteer chapters open for help if you can spare four hours a week.
Volunteers help patients, family and staff, making an important contribution to the lives of others.
- Name: Northside Hospital
- Location: 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Phone: (404) 851-8000
- Website: https://northsideatlaux.com/
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital Volunteers
Piedmont volunteers make an incredible difference to the patient experience, sharing time, skills and talents.
Their volunteer process is thorough, all applicants undergo a rigorous interview process, background check and drug screen prior to Orientation.
- Name: Piedmont Healthcare
- Location: 1968 Peachtree Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Phone: 404-605-1109
- Email: Chris.Jones@piedmont.org
- Website: https://www.piedmont.org/volunteers/piedmont-atlanta/atlanta-volunteer-opportunities
The Shepherd Centers’ Atlanta Rehabilitation Hospital Volunteer Programs offer a variety of opportunities for volunteers who enjoy interacting with patients, assisting with fun events or performing clerical tasks.
Volunteers must be at least 15 years old (some programs require volunteers to be 18 or older) and serve on a regular basis for a minimum of three months.
- Name: Shepherd Center
- Location: 2020 Peachtree Road NWAtlanta, GA 30309-1465
- Phone: 404-350-7316
- Website: https://www.shepherd.org/giving/volunteer
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center volunteers provide critical support to staff and nurses on hospital floors, in the emergency room and in the operating rooms.
Volunteers are asked to commit for at least one four-hour shift each week for six months or 100 hours.
- Name: Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
- Location: Volunteer Services, 303 Parkway Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Phone: 404-265-3702
- Website: https://www.wellstar.org/community/volunteer/atlanta-medical-center
Wesley Woods Center
Since beginning in 1953, Wesley Woods has created communities of connection, well-being and promise.
Volunteers at the Center play an important role in continuing that, providing important patient support to physicians, nurses and other staff.
- Name: Wesley Woods Center
- Location: 1817 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- Phone: 404-728-6231
- Contact: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.wesleywoods.org/about/volunteer/
Winship Cancer Institute
An important part of Emory Health, the Winship Cancer Institute has important hospital and medical volunteering opportunities for people interested in the areas of ambulatory infusion, bone marrow transplantation, medical oncology and radiology.
Volunteer roles include runners, clerical workers, transported and hospitality. A minimum commitment of 6 months service with 8 hours per month is expected. Volunteers must be 18 or over.
College students interested in volunteering can join the College Student Volunteer Program.
- Name: Winship Cancer Institute
- Location: 1365-C Clifton Road NE Atlanta, Georgia 30322
- Phone: (404) 778-2405
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://winshipcancer.emory.edu/support-winship/volunteer/
Atlanta is a great place for health volunteering. Hopefully this article has helped uncover several opportunities to get started with if you live in Atlanta and the nearby Georgia area.
If you enjoyed this article you may find the following useful:
- 8 Hospital Volunteer Opportunities In Jacksonville, Fl (2021)
- 16 Hospital Volunteer Opportunities In Chicago (2021)
Why Be A Hospital Volunteer In Atlanta?
Volunteering in a hospitals and clinics can have a positive impact on the community.
The skills, connections and friends you make in any of the roles above, is something that’ll stay with you for a long time.
The experience also looks great on applications for healthcare-related degrees and help you impress any relevant admissions boards.
Can I Be A Baby Cuddler Volunteer In Atlanta?
There are baby cuddler volunteer opportunities at the following organizations:
You will have to match the eligibility criteria and undergo screening successfully before being accepted on to baby cuddler volunteer programs.
Who Are These Atlanta Hospital/Medical Volunteer Opportunities For?
These opportunities are broad and open to people from all backgrounds.
Summer programs are generally for highschoolers looking to get a taste of healthcare fields while general volunteering positions are available to both students and professionals.
Check that you meet the criteria and eligibility for each opportunity first.
Born and raised in the UK, Will went into medicine late (31) after a career in digital marketing and journalism. He’s into football (soccer), learned Spanish after 5 years in Spain, and has had his work published all over the web. Read more.